| Ultra Greed|
Ultra Greed is the final boss of Greed Mode.
When Isaac enters the boss room, Ultra Greed starts out hanging on a noose before he abruptly cuts it off and lands on the ground. Ultra Greed cannot be damaged until he drops to the ground (e.g. by firing or using an item immediately upon entering the room). Ultra Greed will then perform a variety of attacks in addition to wandering around the room:
- Stomps on the ground four times, spawning a Keeper with each stomp. Only four Keepers can be alive at once.
- Charges at Isaac when he gets in line of sight.
- Shoots coin projectiles from his mouth. These are either in an organized pattern or clustered like Monstro's vomit attack.
- Ultra Greed will not shoot coins if Isaac is far enough away.
- Spins around the room, firing coin projectiles in random directions.
- Stops moving and rotates his eyes like a slot machine. His eyes will then show one of three symbols, all of which spawn large coins that can be damaged and destroyed.
- If the two symbols on Ultra Greed's eyes don't match (Key and Heart), he spawns normal coins (spinner).
- When there are too many enemies/coins alive at once, Ultra Greed will assume a defensive stance. The blocking Ultra Greed will take much less damage from Isaac's attacks, and he will stay in this state until most of the enemies have been killed.
All of Ultra Greed's attacks deal a full heart of damage and cause coin loss on hit, and the dropped coins will disappear if he walks over them, healing him for 4.375 HP each.
When Ultra Greed either heals or has low health, he will start to turn red, which increases his attack speed and movement speed. This effect fades over time if Ultra Greed turns red after healing, and the scaling speed increases if the "Everything is Terrible 2!!!" achievement is unlocked by using the Greed Machine.
When Ultra Greed's health is depleted, he will turn into a golden statue and drop the end chest and the Greed Machine.
| Ultra Greedier|
Playing on Greedier mode gives him a second phase in his gold "statue" state. In this phase, he has several new attacks:
- The coin projectiles that Ultra Greed shoots now explode upon contact.
- He will not fire his coin projectiles if you are far enough away.
- Slams his fists into the ground, causing golden Brimstone lasers to fire from the doors that surround the room.
- They can either come out from one pair of doors at a time or from all of them at once.
- Jumps into the air, dropping exploding coins down below. His path tracks Isaac's current position in a straight line. Upon landing, rock waves are sent in various directions.
- Stomps on the ground four times, causing a slew of bomb coins to rain from the ceiling.
- These coins can spawn coin pickups when they explode, providing both healing for Ultra Greedier and extra coins for Isaac.
After defeating the second phase, Ultra Greedier explodes, turning the entire room into solid gold. It is at this point when the end chest and the Greed Machine will spawn.
Ultra Greed Coins
Spinner Coins will spin around the room. Unlike the other coins, these deal contact damage, but won't do anything if they are not destroyed in time. They also last longer.
Key Coins open the golden doors around the room if not destroyed, which spawn hordes of Greed Gapers.
Bomb Coins explode with a large radius if not destroyed, but a single explosion can deal 40 damage to Ultra Greed.
Heart Coins heal Ultra Greed for 13.125 HP each if not destroyed.
Completing Greedier Mode with a character will unlock the corresponding Greed Mode unlockable if it hasn't been unlocked.
Damage scaling is an unclear mechanic introduced by Nicalis in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to provide a more challenging experience to the players, enabling some enemies to retaliate against high damage attacks by deploying an "armor" of sort to greatly reduce the amount of damage taken. Further details and an in-depth explanation may be found here.
- Using Gnawed Leaf
and any damage dealing orbital, stand in front of Ultra Greed when he is charging. Ultra Greed will attempt to charge into the wall, but will get stuck on Isaac. Waiting in this position will kill him.
After standing still and not shooting for a short time, Isaac turns invincible until he moves or shoots.
- After Key Coins appear, use A Card Against Humanity
. The Gapers will be stuck and, as long as they're alive, Ultra Greed will not attack.
Covers the entire room with poop. The process is not instant, and the room will not get filled if you leave it before it's done filling.
- Having E Coli
(and perhaps other contact based collectibles) is a fast way of disabling the Bomb, Key, or Heart Coins because they don't deal contact damage. However, unmarked coins do.
Gives "Turdy Touch" Effect. Enemies that touch Isaac are changed into poop.
- Midas' Touch
will negate Ultra Greed's damage scaling, allowing the player to kill him with relative ease.
Enemies that touch you are stunned and turn gold. Any enemy killed while in this state will drop a coin.
- Mega Blast
alone is able to kill Ultra Greedier if the entire duration of the blast hits him.
Upon use, Isaac fires a laser similar to the one used by Mega Satan. This laser deals massive damage, lasts for approximately 15 seconds, and persists between rooms. Isaac is pushed backwards by the force of the laser while it is active.
- Except for direct contact and the brimstone lasers all of Ultra Greedier's attacks only deal explosive damage. Therefore having Pyromaniac
or Host Hat
Isaac heals 1 heart instead of taking damage from an explosive source. Adds 5 bombs.
will make this phase of the fight much easier to survive.
A host familiar that sits on Isaac's head and has a random chance to block enemy shots and retaliate with 3 tears. Grants immunity to explosions.
- During the Ultra Greedier fight, it is generally safe to alternate hugging the corners of the room (while applicable; keeping Ultra Greedier in sight) to ensure he jumps into a corner, minimizing the chance of damage from rock waves, as they can collide with walls and disappear.
- Ultra Greed is one of the two bosses that have damage resistance, the other being Hush.
- If Isaac enters the trapdoor created by an Ehwaz Rune on this floor, it will start over.
- Ultra Greed is the only boss in the game to have a clearly defined butt.
- Ultra Greed can pick up coins even after being turned into a statue.
- Ultra Greed is the second ultra deadly sin boss to appear in the game, behind Ultra Pride, but the first to appear as a final boss.
- Teleporting out of the boss room after defeating Ultra Greed will cause the statue to disappear.
- In Greedier Mode, when Ultra Greed is defeated for the first time, he will stay as a gold statue for 10 seconds before he begins to break out and turn into Ultra Greedier. On future runs, he will begin to break out immediately instead.
- If Ultra Greedier is spawned with the Debug Console into any room besides his normal room or Shops, the entire room will still be turned to gold when he dies.
- Any poop spawned in the Ultra Greedier fight, destroyed or not, will respawn as Golden Poop when Ultra Greedier dies and turns the room into gold.
|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|| Carrion Queen • C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask Of Infamy • Monstro II • War • Mom |
|| Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid • Mom's Heart • It Lives |
Sisters Vis • The Matriarch
| Blue Womb
||Satan • Isaac|
||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
| Greed Mode
|| Ultra Greed |
| The Void
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|