| Ultra Greed|
Ultra Greed is the final boss of Greed Mode.
When Isaac enters the boss room, Ultra Greed starts out hanging on a noose before he abruptly cuts it off and lands on the ground. Ultra Greed cannot be damaged until he drops to the ground (e.g. by firing or using an item immediately upon entering the room). Ultra Greed will then perform a variety of attacks in addition to wandering around the room:
- Stomps on the ground four times, spawning a Keeper with each stomp. Only four Keepers can be alive at once.
- Has a chance to spawn Blisters instead.
- Charges at Isaac when he gets in line of sight.
- Shoots coin projectiles from his mouth. These are either in an organized pattern or clustered like Monstro's vomit attack.
- Ultra Greed will not shoot coins if Isaac is far enough away.
- Spins around the room, firing coin projectiles in random directions.
- Stops moving and rotates his eyes like a slot machine. His eyes will then show one of three symbols, all of which spawn large coins that can be damaged and destroyed:
- Bomb coins will explode with a large radius if not destroyed, but a single explosion can deal 40 damage to Ultra Greed.
- Heart coins will heal Ultra Greed for 13.125 HP each if not destroyed.
- Key coins will open the golden doors around the room if not destroyed, which spawn hordes of Greed Gapers.
- If the two symbols on Ultra Greed's eyes don't match (Key and Heart), the coins will spin around the room. Unlike the other coins, these deal contact damage, but won't do anything if they are not destroyed in time. They also last longer.
- When there are too many enemies/coins alive at once, Ultra Greed will assume a defensive stance. The blocking Ultra Greed will take much less damage from Isaac's attacks, and he will stay in this state until most of the enemies have been killed.
All of Ultra Greed's attacks deal a full heart of damage and cause coin loss on hit, and the dropped coins will disappear if he walks over them, healing him for 4.375 HP each.
When Ultra Greed either heals or has low health, he will start to turn red, which increases his attack speed and movement speed. This effect fades over time if Ultra Greed turns red after healing, and the scaling speed increases if the "Everything is Terrible 2!!!" achievement is unlocked.
When Ultra Greed's health is depleted, he will turn into a golden statue and drop the end chest and the Greed Machine.
| Ultra Greedier|
Playing on Greedier mode gives him a second phase in his gold "statue" state. In this phase, he has several new attacks:
- The coin projectiles that Ultra Greed shoots now explode upon contact.
- He will not fire his coin projectiles if you are far enough away.
- Slams his fists into the ground, causing golden Brimstone lasers to fire from the doors that surround the room.
- They can either come out from one pair of doors at a time or from all of them at once.
- Jumps into the air, dropping exploding coins down below. His path tracks Isaac's current position in a straight line. Upon landing, rock waves are sent in various directions.
- Stomps on the ground four times, causing a slew of bomb coins to rain from the ceiling.
- These coins can spawn coin pickups when they explode, providing both healing for Ultra Greedier and extra coins for Isaac.
After defeating the second phase, Ultra Greedier explodes, turning the entire room into solid gold. It is at this point when the end chest and the Greed Machine will spawn.
Damage scaling is an unclear mechanic introduced by Nicalis in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to provide a more challenging experience to the players, enabling some enemies to retaliate against high damage attacks by deploying an "armor" of sort to greatly reduce the amount of damage taken. Further details and an in-depth explanation may be found here.
- Using Gnawed Leaf and any damage dealing orbital, stand in front of Ultra Greed when he is charging. Ultra Greed will attempt to charge into the wall, but will get stuck on Isaac. Waiting in this position will kill him.
- After Key Coins appear, use A Card Against Humanity. The Gapers will be stuck and, as long as they're alive, Ultra Greed will not attack.
- Having E Coli (and perhaps other contact based collectibles) is a fast way of disabling the Bomb, Key, or Heart Coins because they don't deal contact damage. However, unmarked coins do.
- Midas' Touch will negate Ultra Greed's damage scaling, allowing the player to kill him with relative ease.
- Mega Blast alone is able to kill Ultra Greedier if the entire duration of the blast hits him.
- Except for direct contact and the brimstone lasers all of Ultra Greedier's attacks only deal explosive damage. Therefore having Pyromaniac or Host Hat will make this phase of the fight much easier to survive.
- During the Ultra Greedier fight, it is generally safe to alternate hugging the corners of the room (while applicable; keeping Ultra Greedier in sight) to ensure he jumps into a corner, minimizing the chance of damage from rock waves, as they can collide with walls and disappear.
Greedier Mode unlockables are separate from Greed Mode unlockables; completing Greedier Mode with a character will not unlock the corresponding Greed Mode unlockable.
- Ultra Greed is one of the two bosses that have damage resistance, the other being Hush.
- If Isaac enters the trapdoor created by an Ehwaz Rune on this floor, it will start over.
- Ultra Greed is the only boss in the game to have a clearly defined butt.
- Ultra Greed can pick up coins even after being turned into a statue.
- Ultra Greed is the second ultra deadly sin boss to appear in the game, behind Ultra Pride, but the first to appear as a final boss.
- Teleporting out of the boss room after defeating Ultra Greed will cause the statue to disappear.
- In Greedier Mode, when Ultra Greed is defeated for the first time, he will stay as a gold statue for 10 seconds before he begins to break out and turn into Ultra Greedier. On future runs, he will begin to break out immediately instead.
- If Ultra Greedier is spawned with the Debug Console into any room besides his normal room or Shops, the entire room will still be turned to gold when he dies.
- Any poop spawned in the Ultra Greedier fight, destroyed or not, will respawn as Golden Poop when Ultra Greedier dies and turns the room into gold.
|Chapter 1|| Blighted Ovum • Dingle • The Duke of Flies • Famine • Fistula • Gemini • Gurdy Jr. • Gurglings • The Haunt • Larry Jr. • Monstro • Pin • Steven • Widow |
Dangle • Little Horn • Rag Man • Turdlings
|Chapter 2|| C.H.A.D. • Chub • Dark One • Gurdy • Gurdy Jr. • The Hollow • The Husk • Mega Fatty • Mega Maw • Peep • Pestilence • Polycephalus • Carrion Queen • The Wretched |
The Forsaken • The Frail • The Stain
Big Horn • Rag Mega
|Chapter 3|| The Adversary • The Bloat • The Cage • Carrion Queen • The Gate • Gish • Loki • Mask of Infamy • Monstro II • War • The Wretched • Mom |
|Chapter 4||Blastocyst • The Bloat • Conquest • Daddy Long Legs • Death • It Lives • Lokii • Mama Gurdy • Mom's Heart • Mr. Fred • Scolex • Teratoma • Triachnid|
|Chapter 5||The Fallen • Isaac • Satan|
|Chapter 6||??? • The Lamb • Mega Satan|
|Greed Mode|| Ultra Greed |
|Chapters 1-4||The Fallen • The Headless Horseman|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|