Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
|(page 3, column 19, row 4)|
|Complete the Boss Rush as EdenUndefined|
Undefined is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, teleports Isaac to the Treasure Room, the Secret Room, the Super Secret Room or I AM ERROR.
- The chances for each destination are equal.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The I AM ERROR room in Cathedral and Sheol will have a beam of light/trap door leading to the next floor, even if Isaac doesn't have The PolaroidIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers the Book Of Shadows effect, creating a shield that nullifies all types of damage for 5 seconds. Also allows entrance into The Chest. or The NegativeIf the character has half a red heart or no red hearts after taking damage, it triggers The Necronomicon effect, damaging all enemies in the room. Also allows entrance into the Dark Room..
- The Chest and Dark Room are reset on exiting the I AM ERROR room, which can be done repeatedly as long as the player is able to gather enough charges to successfully warp to it. This can provide a ridiculous number of items from the golden chests in The Chest.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to a bug in the original The Binding of Isaac, where exhausting an Item Pool (or rarely simply by chance) would cause an item to spawn whose name and description were listed as "Undefined", and whose sprite would rapidly cycle through the sprites of every other item in the game. Undefined by itself had no effect, but if it was ever picked up, should the game attempt to spawn an item from an exhausted item pool, the game would instead crash, as it could no longer spawn Undefined. From Rebirth onwards, an exhausted item pool will instead spawn Breakfast, even if the item would normally never spawn from that item pool and/or Breakfast had already been obtained in the run.
- In programming "Undefined" refers to an unknown value.
- Given the Glitch theme of the item and the ability to access Chapters that have not yet been unlocked using I AM ERROR, along with the ability to acquire mass upgrades in The Chest and The Dark Room, it is possible that it was intentionally made into a powerful sequence-breaking item.
- The sprite for Undefined appears to be, fittingly, a glitched and spliced version of other item sprites, noticeably the bottom right part being the Compass, the bottom left being the Blood Bag, and the top half being Contract From Below. This may also be a reference to Undefined's sprite in the original The Binding of Isaac.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
TRP0 FE16 (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
9YDH V6SL (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
I AM ERROR room upon first use in hard mode.)F189 W42E (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn. Teleports to
0JGY 6ZWX (first treasure room near spawn)
W0WZ QCRJ (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
6AGC GCCH (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
SJKJ XZB2 (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
4CG9 42ED (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
YAD2 KJCM (first treasure room, adjacent to spawn)
8LQF 7MT0 (first floor treasure room)
- Broken ModemEnemies, enemy shots, tears, and pickups will briefly freeze in place at random intervals.
- DataminerDisplaces enemy sprites for the current room, randomly increases one stat and decreases another.
- GB BugA glitch familiar that bounces around the room and applies a random status effect to any enemies it comes into contact with and has a chance to re-roll pickups that it passes over.
- Missing No.Randomizes all passive items upon pickup and at the start of each succeeding floor.
- UndefinedTeleports Isaac to either the Secret Room, Super Secret Room, Treasure Room, or I AM ERROR.
- ErrorGives a random trinket effect each room.
|Blank CardDefeat Isaac as EdenBook of SecretsDefeat Satan as EdenMysterious PaperBeat ??? as EdenMystery SackDefeat The Lamb as EdenUndefinedComplete the Boss Rush as EdenGlitch BabyDefeat Mom's Heart on hard mode as Eden||Eden's BlessingDefeat Hush as EdenGB BugDefeat Ultra Greed as EdenYellow BabyDefeat Mega Satan as EdenCracked BabyEarn all hard mode completion marks as Eden||Eden's SoulDefeat Delirium as EdenMetronomeDefeat Ultra Greedier as Eden|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|