Rocks[edit | edit source]
- Blocks movement and projectiles.
- Can be destroyed with explosions and certain items like the Notched AxeIsaac holds the axe above his head for as long as the spacebar button is held (or until he leaves the room). While holding the axe, Isaac can break any rock he touches, but cannot attack or pick up other items., The NailAdds one soul heart and allows the breaking of rocks and damaging enemies by simply walking over them. Increases damage and decreases speed. All effects except for the Soul Heart wear off upon leaving the room., LeoAllows you to crush rocks when you walk over them., or Thunder ThighsDestroys rocks upon contact with Isaac. Adds one heart container and lowers Speed..
- Can fill in a 1-block wide gap when pushed in the right direction by an explosion, or with one of the abilities that allows destruction by walking onto the rock.
- Note: With these items, it is important to walk in the direction of the gap.
- Small chance to reveal a Crawl Space when destroyed.
- Destroying 100 rocks will unlock the Lucky RockEach obstacle destroyed drops one coin. trinket.
Tinted Rocks[edit | edit source]
Sometimes referred to as "Marked Rocks", they are always marked with an "x", and in some levels slightly tinted/discolored. These rocks are much less noticeable in The Womb and Utero due to them being the same color as the surrounding rocks, but can still be distinguished by the "x" on the bottom right.
- Destroying 10 Tinted Rocks will unlock Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage..
- Destroying 100 Tinted Rocks will unlock The Small RockIncreases damage by 1, increases tears by 0.2, and decreases speed by 0.1..
Found in: Every Stage
Tinted Rocks have a chance to spawn 1-2 of the following when destroyed:
- Soul hearts
- Golden chests (only one)
- A combination of any of the items mentioned above
- The Small RockIncreases damage by 1, increases tears by 0.2, and decreases speed by 0.1. (after it is unlocked) (Sometimes spawns with additional pickups, but cannot spawn alongside chests.)
Super Special Rocks [edit | edit source]
Super Special Rocks are Tinted Rock variants which are much harder to spot, as they have a smaller mark and are not discolored. Super Special Rocks take two bombs to blow up, and drop the contents of two Tinted Rocks.
Bomb Rocks[edit | edit source]
Act like rocks.
Found in: Low chance of replacing any rock.
Bomb rocks can be found anywhere a normal rock can spawn. They can only be destroyed by explosions and "stompy" items, like normal rocks. When they are destroyed, they create an explosion. Note that destroying a bomb rock next to a hole does not create a bridge as with normal rocks.
Urns[edit | edit source]
Act like rocks.
Urns have a chance to spawn the following when destroyed:
- 1-3 Spiders
- A few coins
- A QuarterAdds 25 to Isaac's coin count, capping at 99.
- Swallowed PennyUpon taking damage, Isaac drops a penny.
Mushrooms[edit | edit source]
- Act like rocks.
Mushrooms have a chance to spawn the following when destroyed:
- Poisonous gas, which knocks back Isaac and deals a half-heart damage. (This does not count as an explosion.)
- Liberty CapGrants a chance of triggering Mini Mush, Odd Mushroom (Large), Odd Mushroom (Thin) or The Compass effects for the current room upon entering it.
- Magic MushroomIncreases all stats and enlargens Isaac.
- Mini MushIncreases Speed and Shot Height and decreases Isaac's size, but lowers Range.
Skulls[edit | edit source]
Act like rocks.
Skulls have a chance to spawn the following when destroyed:
- Host enemies
- Tarot cards
- Black hearts
- Dry BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and blocks enemy projectiles. Upon blocking a shot, it has a chance of triggering The Necronomicon effect.
- Ghost BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and fires spectral tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Polyps[edit | edit source]
Act like rocks.
Polyps have a chance to spawn the following when destroyed:
- 6 red tears in all directions and a puddle of bloody creep
- Blood ClotIncreases damage by 1 and range by 5 for tears fired from the left eye.
- PlacentaGrants a full heart container, and a chance to regenerate a half-heart of health every minute of gameplay.
- Umbilical CordWhen Isaac's health is brought to half a red heart and no soul hearts, a Little Steven familiar spawns for the current room.
- Harlequin BabySpawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and fires two tears at once in a V-pattern.
- Heart Pickups
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|