- Added graphics for a Satoru Iwata themed daily run.
- Butter BeanIsaac farts and pushes back nearby enemies. and The PoopSpawns a pile of poop where the character is standing and knocks nearby monsters back. May yield pickups like regular poop. now deflect bullets.
- Shoop Da Whoop!Fires a laser from Isaac's mouth. now does 4x Isaac's base damage.
- Picking up Match StickIncreases the chance of Bombs dropping after clearing a room, and the chance of finding Bombs when opening a Chest. will now remove the TickDrain 15% health of each enemy with more than 60 HP (ie. most bosses). Also restores one red heart of Isaac whenever he enters an uncleared boss room. The Tick cannot be swapped out for another trinket..
- MarkedIsaac will now fire tears automatically directed at a red target on the ground which is controlled by the player. This allows for a full 360 degree tear firing radius. Can be overridden by other tear modifiers such as Mom's Knife or Brimstone. can now be controlled with the mouse.
- Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room. is no longer a special item.
- Blocking damage with Holy MantleAutomatically negates first taken damage in every room. now activates Stop Watch Automatically inflicts slow to all enemies in every room.
Upon taking damage, inflicts slow to all enemies for the current room..
- ScissorsUpon use, turns Isaac's head into a stationary familiar for the current room which fires normal tears that deal 3.5 damage. charge time 6 → 2.
- Friendly BallThrowing the ball at an enemy instantly kills it and captures it. The captured enemy can later be released and will be friendly, fighting for Isaac and persisting between rooms. charge time 4 → 3.
- AbelA familiar that mirrors the player's movements and shoots in the opposite direction. now fires tears directly towards Isaac.
- Modified room #717 on the Basement/Cellar so that Mulligans no longer spawn next to the entrances. (Mulligans have a chance to randomly explode upon room loading. If this occurred before the patch, it was guaranteed damage to the player.)
- Removed the top entrances from Devil Room #11 and #14. (These are the rooms with Nulls and an Imp, which also happen to spawn at the top of the room, which causes near-guaranteed damage to the player.)
- Reworked Sacrifice Rooms.
- Lost FlyA familiar fly that moves in a straight line and attaches itself to the first obstacle or wall it comes into contact with in each room. If any enemies walk into its path, it will deal 7 contact damage per tick. If the obstacle it is attached to is destroyed then it will continue rolling in the direction it was previously travelling until it meets another wall or obstacle., Papa FlyA blue fly familiar follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay. Papa Fly will fire tears at nearby enemies., Friend ZoneA white orbiting fly which deals 3 contact damage per tick to enemies. This familiar orbits Isaac at a middle length distance somewhere between Distant Admiration and Forever Alone., and Obsessed FanA purple fly familiar that follows Isaac's movements on a 3 second delay and deals contact damage to enemies. now all counts towards the Beelzebub transformation.
- Cain's Other EyeSpawns a familiar that floats slowly around the room on a zig-zag pattern similar to The Peeper and shoots normal tears in the same direction as Isaac. now scales with Isaac's damage.
- Curse of the Tower no longer activates if you are damaged by a troll bomb spawned by Curse of the Tower.
- The window for using Glass CannonWhen used, reduces Isaac's health to half a heart (including soul and black hearts) and fires one large piercing spectral tear that does a lot of damage. The damage done by Glass Cannon scales with Isaac's damage (at base damage it does 45 damage). to steal Devil Room items is much smaller.
- Crack the SkySummons multiple beams of light in random locations around the room, dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy that touches them.'s damage has been buffed and now targets enemies specifically.
- Fixed the bug where players who completed the 1001% achievement before the release of v1.06.0067 were unable to get the achievement.
- Fixed The BatteryActivated Items can be "overcharged" to allow for an additional use. bug where it was impossible to get a full overcharge on an activated item from clearing rooms.
- Fixed the bug where it was possible to respawn an Angel Room statue by reloading the room with Goat HeadA Devil Room / Angel Room Door will always spawn after every boss fight, excluding the first floor and floors after Utero II/Womb II. (or quitting and continuing).
- Fixed the bug where it was possible to quit and continue from a Boss Rush in order to quickly complete it.
- TaurusSpeed down; gains speed while in a room with enemies until gaining My Little Unicorn effect for a few seconds. now works in Greed Mode as expected.
- Picking up God's FleshTears now have a random chance to apply a shrinking effect, causing enemies to shrink in size and also run away from Isaac. Shrunk enemies can be crushed and killed by walking over them. will now properly update Isaac's tear color.
(You can find technical details of afterbirth.a file changes here.)
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range., Technology 2Decreases damage and replaces right eye tears with a unlimited range, piercing laser which fires continuously., and Tech.5Grants a unlimited range piercing laser with random rate of fire that does not replace tears. The laser might occasionally fire with the effect of a random item or trinket, such as Hook Worm, Spoon Bender or Tiny Planet. function as if the player has spectral tears. (Visually, the items will appear to be functioning normally, but this isn't the case.)
- The Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired. and Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. synergy causes enemies to drop black hearts as if they were killed by Maw of the Void+1.0 Damage Up. After continuously firing tears for 2.5 seconds, a red cross appears on Isaac's head that, upon releasing the fire button, creates a black ring that rapidly deals damage equal to Isaac's tear damage to any enemies in contact with it..
- If you pick up Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring. after picking up IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth., you still erroneously retain the +40 damage boost from IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth. and the increased tear delay. After the damage stat is refreshed (by picking up another damage item), this bug goes away.
- With a controller attached, it is possible to move Isaac when the game is out of focus and get him across loading zones and spikes without taking any damage.
||v0.9, v1.0, v1.01, v1.02, v1.031, v1.032, v1.04, v1.041, v1.05, v1.05 Hotfix
|v1.06, v1.06 Hotfix, v1.06.0051, v1.06.0052, v1.06.0059, v1.06.0060, v1.06.0067, v1.06.0076, v1.06.0109
|v1.06.0180, v1.06.0181, v1.06.0182, v1.06.0183, v1.06.0185, v1.06.0187, v1.06.0188, v1.06.0190, v1.06.0192, v1.06.0192 (Re-release), v1.06.0193, v1.06.0211
|Booster Pack #1
|Booster Pack #2
|Booster Pack #3
||v1.06.J99, v1.06.J103, v1.06.J104
|Booster Pack #4
||v1.06.J113, v1.06.J114, v1.06.J119, V1.06.J127
|Booster Pack #5
||v1.06.J149, v1.06.J150, V1.06.J168