A Victory Lap is a mechanic added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †. A Victory Lap allows you to start a new run with almost all of your final items after completing the Dark Room. Multiple laps can be made as long as the Dark Room is cleared each time.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Completion Marks and most Achievements cannot be earned.
- Isaac will take a full heart of damage on all floors after beginning a victory lap (unless he has The Wafer).
- Some Items are lost upon starting a victory lap. Items lost this way are added back into their respective item pools and can be acquired again.
- If the initial run was on normal difficulty, all victory laps will be on hard difficulty.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, the character will turn into The Lost. This version of The Lost does not get a Holy Mantle or D4. However, if the run was started as The Lost (or if the Holy Mantle was found) it is possible to keep the Holy Mantle from the previous run.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, Shops will no longer appear.
- On the third and subsequent victory laps, Red Chests in the Dark Room will turn into Brown Chests and Golden Chests.
- Killing any final boss aside from The Lamb will end the game, and the run will not be continued further.
- If a Devil Deal is taken at any point during the victory lap streak, Angel Rooms will no longer appear.
- If the Donation Machine jams, it will remain jammed on all subsequent victory laps.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Starting a fourth victory lap unlocks RERUN.
- The Negative may disappear upon starting a victory lap, and if not picked up again will discontinue the access to the Dark Room which contains The Lamb.
- Finding an item on the third run onwards that revives you into someone else (e.g., Ankh or Lazarus' Rags) will make the run a little easier.
- Transformations will remain even if the items used to acquire them are lost.
- Be careful of Telepills or any other teleportation item while on Womb II or equivalent. You may be teleported to the I Am Error room with only a way to the Cathedral, ending your victory lap streak.
- Avoid entering The Void, as killing Delirium will end the victory lap streak.
- Try to obtain Dead Cat prior to third victory lap when trying the RERUN achievement. The extra lives may not show up in the HUD, but they are still there.
- The achievement U Broke It! (Obtain 50 items on a run) can be earned with Victory Laps.
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This mechanic is similar to Nuclear Throne's looping system, where defeating a certain boss loops back to the start of the game with a higher difficulty.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|