Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
A Victory Lap is a mechanic added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †. A Victory Lap allows you to start a new run with almost all of your final items after killing The Lamb in the Dark Room. Multiple laps can be made as long as the Dark Room is cleared each time.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Completion Marks and most Achievements cannot be earned.
- Isaac will take a full heart of damage on all floors after beginning a victory lap (unless he has The Wafer).
- Some Items are lost upon starting a victory lap. Items lost this way are added back into their respective item pools and can be acquired again.
- All victory laps will be on hard difficulty, even if the initial run wasn't.
- Once the third victory lap has been reached (and on every subsequent victory lap), several effects occur.
- Isaac will turn into The Lost. This version of The Lost does not get a Holy Mantle or D4. However, if the run was started as The Lost (or if the Holy Mantle was found) it is possible to keep the Holy Mantle from the previous run.
- Shops will no longer appear.
- Red Chests in the Dark Room will turn into brown chests and golden chests.
- If a Devil Deal is taken at any point during the victory lap streak, Angel Rooms will no longer appear (unless Duality or Eucharist is picked up).
- If the Donation Machine jams, it will remain jammed on all subsequent victory laps.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Killing any final boss aside from The Lamb will end the game, and the run will not be continued further.
- Starting a fourth victory lap unlocks RERUN.
- The Negative may disappear upon starting a victory lap, and must be reacquired in order to access the Dark Room and continue the run.
- Finding an item on the third run onwards that revives you into someone else (e.g., Ankh or Lazarus' Rags) will make the run a little easier.
- Transformations will remain even if the items used to acquire them are lost.
- Be careful of Telepills or any other teleportation item while on Womb II or equivalent. You may be teleported to the I Am Error room with only a way to the Cathedral, ending your victory lap streak.
- If you go to the Cathedral, there is still a chance that a Sacrifice Room will appear, allowing you to enter the Dark Room and continue your streak.
- Avoid entering The Void, as killing Delirium will end the victory lap streak.
- Try to obtain Dead Cat prior to third victory lap when trying the RERUN achievement. The extra lives may not show up in the HUD, but they are still there.
- The achievement U Broke It! (Obtain 50 items on a run) can be earned with Victory Laps.
- Both pieces of Broken Shovel will still be obtainable in a victory lap, but using Mom's Shovel on the dirt mound in the Dark Room will not unlock The Forgotten
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This mechanic is similar to Nuclear Throne's looping system, where defeating a certain boss loops back to the start of the game with a higher difficulty.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|