From Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
| 6 rooms|
|(Page 4 , Column 12 , Row 6 )
|| This article is about the item. For the chapter, see The Void.
Void is an activated item added in Afterbirth †. Apollyon starts with this item.
- Upon use, destroys all pedestal items in the room.
- If Void destroys an active item, it gains the ability of that item - whenever Void is used, it will simultaneously use all previous active items that were absorbed.
- If Void destroys a passive item, the player gains 2 random stat boosts. Possible stat changes include:
- Void does not work on devil deal, black market, or shop items unless they have been bought first.
- It is unproductive to use Void in devil deals, black markets, or shops unless you want the active item effects, as passive items will be picked up upon buying them.
- Using Void to absorb items in Boss Rush or Challenge Rooms counts as taking the items and will cause waves of bosses or enemies to start spawning.
- Using an item before absorbing it with Void will effectively allow you to use the item twice. This does not apply to one use items such as Diplopia, Pandora's Box, Plan C, etc.
- If one finds another Void, such as during a Victory Lap where it is left behind in the previous lap, it will have the same active effects stored in it as the other Void.
- If multiple copies of an active item are absorbed, using Void will activate that effect equally many times.
- Absorbing items that would normally count towards Transformations upon pickup does not give progress toward transformations.
- Apollyon will start with this item even before it is unlocked.
- Breath of Life: Activating Void only costs one charge.
- Car Battery: Effects of all absorbed activated items are doubled.
- Crooked Penny: Items will still be absorbed and destroyed, but with a 50% chance Void will also drop a duplicate of them.
- Delirious / Mega Blast: Allows it to be used every 6 rooms instead of 12 and batteries will fully charge the item.
- More Options / There's Options: Using Void will cause both Items to be absorbed.
- Any single use active item, such as Diplopia / Forget Me Now / Pandora's Box / Mama Mega! / Mystery Gift: Single use items are used once upon being destroyed, but their effects are not absorbed and will not activate with subsequent Void uses.
- The Bible: Absorbing it with Void will allow Void to instantly kill Mom and Mom's Heart/It Lives. It will also make Void a suicide item if the Bible was absorbed and then Void is activated during the Satan fight. It will also give Isaac flight.
- Broken Remote / Teleport / Teleport 2.0 / Undefined / Blank Card with a teleport card / Placebo with a telepill: Items will still be consumed when you teleport.
- Clicker: If Void is either Isaac's only item or the item most recently picked up, it will be lost upon absorbing and thus activating the Clicker.
- The D6: Void will re-roll items but subsequently absorb them unless they are Shop or Devil Room items.
- Glass Cannon: If you fire at all during the room Void is activated, it will trigger the shot and reduce you to half a heart.
- Glowing Hour Glass: Upon using Void, Isaac is sent to the previous room and most changes are reverted, nullifying many other effects that Void may have absorbed. If the Glass is absorbed in a shop, Isaac is sent back to the previous room, but the Glass will be unused in the shop on its pedestal. This allows for an infinite shop donation circle, eliminating the need for a battery to be present in the shop.
- How to Jump: Be wary with this combination; without an infinite recharge, it is possible to jump to a spot you have no way of returning from. (This can be fixed by going to the main menu and then resuming the game, however.)
- The Jar: Absorbing it with Void will not allow Isaac to pick up excess hearts.
- Jar of Flies: Absorbing it with the Void will not allow the collection and generation of flies.
- Mom's Box: Drops a trinket every time the Void is used. The other passive effects of holding the box do not apply on the user.
- Moving Box: Moving Box will not be added to Void; instead, it is converted into stat boosts like a passive item.
- Remote Detonator: Absorbing it with Void does not cause bombs to remain on the ground until Void is used, but using Void explodes all player-placed bombs as usual.
- The Pony / White Pony: Absorbing it with Void will not give a passive ability to fly; however, Isaac will still charge in the first direction chosen.
- Void: Absorbing Void has no effect.
- When this item was originally teased, it had a recharge counter of four and converted pickups into Blue Flies; in the release it was nerfed to a recharge counter of six and the effect on pickups was split to an entirely new item altogether.
- Before the balance patch on 5th January 2017, Void synergized with single-use items and constantly trigger them upon each use of Void; this has since been removed.