A Stone Grimace is an invincible stationary statue of a head, with a wide open mouth and hollow eyes. Stone Grimaces will sporadically spit a red bullet in Isaac's direction until the room is cleared of regular enemies. When the room is cleared, the Stone Grimace closes its eyes and mouth.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Vomit Grimace[edit | edit source]
The Vomit Grimace fires explosive IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.-like shots. Like Stone Grimaces, Vomit Grimaces will stop firing at Isaac when the room is cleared.
Gaping Maw[edit | edit source]
The Gaping Maw sucks Isaac towards it, along with warping Isaac's and any enemies' tear paths. It does not fire any shots and simply functions as an obstacle, and is often surrounded by spikes. Gaping Maws can be deactivated by Silver Buttons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Gaping Maw is rerolled with D10Rerolls the enemies in a room. Only rerolls enemies that are still alive (does not spawn new enemies)., it will always turn into an Oob.
Broken Gaping Maw[edit | edit source]
A broken variant of the Gaping Maw. It alternates between active and inactive every four seconds and has a much stronger attraction power. They can be deactivated by Silver Buttons.
Constant Stone Shooter[edit | edit source]
Constant Stone Shooters, sometimes referred to as Turret Grimaces, constantly fire tears in a fixed direction, and do not stop firing even after the room is cleared. The exception is rooms with silver buttons, which deactivate them once they are all pressed.
Cross Stone Shooter[edit | edit source]
Cross Stone Shooters were added in Booster Pack #4.
The Cross Stone Shooter constantly fires tears in four directions, alternating between cardinal and diagonal directions. If the room has to be cleared (e.g, Buttons, enemies) then Cross Grimaces will deactivate upon the room's completion like a regular Grimace. However, if the room is purely trap based and does not present an objective to complete then Cross Grimaces will continue shooting indefinitely.
Brimstone Head[edit | edit source]
Found only in Sheol, the Brimstone Head periodically shoots BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. lasers and does not stop firing even after the room is cleared. The exception is pressing all Silver Buttons, which deactivate them.
Stone Eye[edit | edit source]
The Stone Eye resembles the Bloodshot Eye. It constantly rotates in a clockwise circle and shoots a flickering TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.-like laser. It stops firing after the room is cleared. Unlike any other Stone Grimace variants, the Stone Eye appears to despawn when the room is cleared, exited and then re-entered.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- These monsters can be destroyed using Chaos CardThrows the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors., Little HornAdds a chance to fire a piercing tear that instantly kills any enemy that it touches., and EuthanasiaAdds a chance to fire needles. If a needle kills an enemy, it bursts into more needles., though they will respawn upon leaving and re-entering the room they were in.
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion. tears that hit these monsters can still cause explosions.
- Hitting Grimaces increases the Dead EyeIsaac's damage increases each time an enemy is hit. Damage is reset upon missing a shot. damage multiplier.
- Grimaces can appear in rooms with silver buttons, and will stop shooting once all buttons are pressed.
- If an uncleared room has Cross Grimaces, leaving and then re-entering the room by bombing a door will make them stop shooting, making the room easier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Stone Grimaces and their variants play their appear animation for a second before resuming as deactivated in a cleared room if they were deactivated.
- They now no longer reuse their appear animation in a cleared room when the player reenters it.
- If a Constant Stone Shooter is deactivated, it closes its eyes and mouth and stops crying, looking similar to Stone Grimaces upon deactivation. The difference is that deactivated Constant Stone Shooters still have a crack on top of their heads.
- If a Gaping Maw or Broken Gaping Maw is deactivated, unlike other Grimaces, it doesn’t fully close its eyes. Instead, it closes its eyes only partially and makes a frown.
- Previously, Broken Gaping Maws were extremely hard to find. As of Booster Pack #5, they are now more common to find in rooms and have a chance of replacing Gaping Maws.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|