| Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.|
Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears.
|: no : yes|
|Death's TouchComplete challenge #17|
Waka Waka is Challenge #17. Start off with Strange AttractorPickups, trinkets, and monsters are magnetically attracted to Isaac's tears. and Anti-Gravity-2 Tear Delay. Tears float in position until firing ceases, after which they will fly off in the direction they were shot in.. The goal is to defeat Mom. This Challenge is available by default.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
Shots do not travel right away. They stay in place. With the added magnetic property, this can cause enemies to slingshot through tears to hit Isaac.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Isaac can lay a trail of tears that draws enemies into each tear. However, if done carelessly, momentum will often carry them past fired tears into Isaac. Make sure there is a safe distance between him and the enemy before firing.
- Try to be accurate - if the tears hit the enemy and disappear, the side-effects of Strange Attractor is reduced, whereas if they miss, they may pull other enemies towards Isaac, increasing the risk of damage.
- Enemies that chase Isaac such as Lust or Globins are particularly dangerous as firing carelessly will pull them towards him. Maintain a safe distance, fire, run away, and repeat.
- Items that are behind gaps or spikes can be pulled towards Isaac by firing tears past them.
- Tammy's HeadShoots 10 tears in a circle around Isaac, which retain the damage, shot speed, and special effects (such as poison) of Isaac's tears. is especially useful for this challenge, as it creates a stationary ball totaling ten highly damaging tears that have a very strong magnetic pull. The one-room charge time allows Isaac to clear rooms with much greater ease than by using the common method of attack with this challenge.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power. is a useful pickup in this challenge. It retains the magnetic property of Strange Attractor but can be fired as it normally would, making this challenge, for the most part, a normal run with the item.
- PyroAdds 99 bombs. is a good pickup to look out for. Since Isaac's bombs are affected by the Strange Attractor, it will pull enemies towards the bomb, similar to a homing effect.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy. is a good item to have since it can be controlled remotely to kill enemies while keeping Isaac safe.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period. is a good item to grab. Enemies are attracted to the beam and will be damaged more often as a result.
- Having multiple tears in one spot will cause the magnetic pull to become stronger. Use this to pull enemies out from tight spaces, or deal massive damage to one enemy.
- If there is difficulty completing this challenge, a good tactic is to quickly tap the arrow keys to fire tears normally and mostly avoid the effects of Anti-Gravity.
- The 1 pip and 6 pip dice rooms will not reroll the starting items for this challenge but will reroll any others.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Waka Waka is the sound Pac-Man makes when eating pellets, and the enemies in this challenge follow Isaac's trail of floating tears similarly.
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King||8.||Cat Got Your Tongue|
|9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards||15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy|
|17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!||28.||PRIDE DAY!|
|29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|