is Challenge #17. You start off with Strange Attractor
. Your goal is to defeat Mom
. This Challenge is available by default.
Your shots do not travel right away. They stay in place. With the added magnetic property, this can cause enemies to slingshot through your tears to hit you.
- You can lay a trail of tears that draws enemies into each tear. However, if done carelessly, momentum will often carry them past your tears into you. Make sure there is a safe distance between you and the enemy before firing.
- Try to be accurate - if your tears hit the enemy and disappear, the side-effects of Strange Attractor is reduced, whereas if they miss, they may pull other enemies towards you, increasing the risk of damage.
- Enemies that chase you such as Lust or Globins are particularly dangerous as firing carelessly will pull them towards you. Maintain a safe distance, fire, run away, and repeat.
- Items that are behind gaps or spikes can be pulled towards you by firing tears past them.
- Tammy's Head is especially useful for this challenge, as it creates a stationary ball of ten highly damaging tears that have a very strong magnetic pull. The one room charge time allows you to clear rooms with much greater ease than by using the common method of attack with this challenge.
- Mom's Knife is a useful pickup in this challenge. It retains the magnetic property of Strange Attractor, but can be fired as it normally would, making this challenge for the most part a normal run with the item.
- Pyro is a good pickup to look out for. Since Isaac's bombs are affected by the Strange Attractor, it will pull enemies towards the bomb, similar to a homing effect.
- Having multiple tears in one spot will cause the magnetic pull to become stronger. Use this to pull enemies out from tight spaces, or deal massive damage to one enemy.
- If you are having difficulty completing this challenge, a good tactic is to quickly tap the arrow keys in order to fire tears normally, and mostly avoid the effects of Anti-Gravity.
- Waka Waka is the sound Pac-Man makes when eating pellets, and the enemies in this challenge follow Isaac's trail of floating tears in a similar way.