Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
| Ball of BandagesOrbiting familiar that deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Cube of Meat.|
Cube of MeatOrbiting familiar that blocks enemy shots and deals damage to enemies. If collected while already having one, makes the familiar evolve. Only drops from Horsemen. Similar to Ball of Bandages.
|Defeat Mom for the 1st timeThe Harbingers|
|“||And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.||„|
|~ Revelation 6:4|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- War, while mounted on his horse, will either charge left or right and won't stop until he has crossed the screen three times.
- He will also shoot an 8-directional shot.
- He will occasionally ascend off-screen and summon five troll bombs.
- Once his health is halfway down, War's horse will blow up, and War will do his crying "rest animation", starting phase 2.
- War will charge the player at high speeds, pausing occasionally to catch his breath.
Champion Versions[edit | edit source]
- Black: Summons 2 Mega Troll Bombs when he ascends off screen, and summons a single Troll Bomb behind his path when he charges through the screen. Also shoots in 6 directions when he stops chasing the player in his second phase.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
War as one of Delirium's forms.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- War appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- War is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible.
- In many depictions of War, he is shown holding a sword vertically , corresponding with why fan art and the in-game Vs. splash screen shows War holding his hobby-horse vertically.
- Although his appearance on the vs screen shows his horse as brown, it is red in-game.
- In the original game, War's face was round.
- It appears in the resting animation that War is crying about his horse being blown up. This could be evident by when he loses his mount and immediately does his rest animation before charging at Isaac and may explain why War chases after Isaac afterwards.
- War can be seen wielding a Wire Coat Hanger as a weapon in one of the original game's concept arts.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|