Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Whore of Babylon
Whore of Babylon is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Increases damage by 1.5 and speed by 0.3 while Isaac has half of a red heart or less.
- On Eve, the item has the following extra effects:
- The item is activated at one red heart or less.
- Her damage multiplier increases from 0.75 to 1.0 when active.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect is removed after leaving a room with more than half a heart (one full heart for Eve).
- The effect may be not be immediately applied if Isaac has lost red hearts without taking damage; the effect will activate upon entering a new room.
- The effect is always active for characters without red heart containers such as ??? and The Lost, though other characters can also lose their heart containers through devil deals or items like Guppy's PawRemoves one red heart container in exchange for gaining 3 Soul Hearts., AbaddonIncreases damage and speed, removes all red heart containers, grants six black hearts, and adds a chance to shoot fear tears., or Health Down pill.
- III - The EmpressTriggers the Whore of Babylon effect (+1.5 damage, +0.3 speed), but without the need for Isaac to have a red heart or less of health. grants a similar effect to Whore of Babylon for the current room which does stack with Whore of Babylon.
- Stacking The Empress on Whore of Babylon either via multiple cards or multiple activations of Blank CardHas the same effect as the card or rune currently held by Isaac. increases damage by number of uses squared, e.g. +1.5 * 2 * 2 total damage bonus for using the card on top of activated Whore of Babylon.
- Upon obtaining the Whore of Babylon effect, a popup displaying the text "What a horrible night to have a curse" appears on-screen. This can be disabled in the game options.
- As Keeper cannot have half of a health coin, this item has no effect on him.
- As the Forgotten, the effect will only be applied at one empty bone heart.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The text that appears when this item is activated is a reference to Castlevania II: Simon's Quest; in the game, the text appears when the sun goes down.
- The Whore of Babylon is an evil creature mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
- This item is used in Challenge #4 (Darkness Falls).
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|