Dark Bum is a passive item.
- Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects red hearts. For every one-and-a-half red hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one of the following:
- This item belongs to the Super Bum set. Collecting all three items in this set will grant a Super Bum familiar.
- If Dark Bum enters a Super Secret Room that mimics The Womb, The Cathedral, or The Dark Room, he will drop red hearts, eternal hearts, or black hearts respectively instead of soul hearts.
- If the Super Secret Room mimics The Womb, he will drop red hearts instead of soul hearts, then gobble them back up. This can be avoided by allowing Dark Bum to pick up all of the red hearts and then quickly exiting the super secret room before he starts dropping hearts. This way, he will drop a considerable amount of soul hearts.
- Little C.H.A.D. - Convert hearts dropped by Little C.H.A.D. into soul hearts.
- Gimpy - When enemies die and drop red hearts, they get converted into soul hearts.
- Humbling Bundle - All red hearts dropped are double hearts, so the conversion ratio is greatly improved.
- Child's Heart - Increases red heart drops and thus increases usage of Dark Bum.
- ??? - Greatly improves chances of survival, due to Dark Bum converting useless red hearts into useful soul hearts.
- Prior to Version 1.02 Dark Bum's red to soul heart conversion rate was 1:1, but it was set to 1.5:1 with Version 1.02.
- Prior to Version 1.031, Dark Bum did not have a chance to spawn spiders of either kind. This was likely done to nerf its use with characters that start with no or few heart containers.
WBEG Q22R (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
CS9M XL2P (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
AL07 13JY (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
7276 4P61 (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
EVQ8 P80Q (treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|