Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to fire an egg sack which spawns slowing creep. If an egg sack hits an enemy, a blue fly or blue spider is spawned.
- Egg sack tears have considerably higher tear height and consequently, range.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Egg sacks will also spawn blue flies or spiders if they hit fireplaces or invincible enemies like Death's Head and Stoney.
- The chance to fire an egg sack is affected by luck. It is 15% at base luck (0) but cannot reach 100% at high luck.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot. / The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears. / Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: All tears have a chance of becoming an egg sack.
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: Egg sacks will be quadrupled when passing through the prism.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle. / Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's. / The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When egg sacks are fired, they will split into smaller egg sacks. Split egg sacks from The Parasite will not look like egg sacks.
- Cupid's ArrowGrants Isaac piercing tears that travel through enemies (but not obstacles) instead of breaking on impact with them.: Egg sacks will apply their effect to every enemy hit.
- Flat StoneTears bounce off the floor. Tears that hit an enemy after bouncing deal splash damage to all nearby enemies for 25% of Isaac's tear damage.: Egg sacks bounce against floor.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Egg sacks retain damaging aura and homing effect.
- Hive MindIncreases the size of blue spiders and blue flies and doubles the amount of damage they deal.: Flies and spiders are bigger and deal double damage.
- Homing tears: Egg sacks will home in on enemies.
- IncubusA demonic familiar that follows Isaac and shoots tears identical to Isaac's in terms of damage, range, fire rate, and effects.: Familiar can fire egg sacks.
- Kidney StoneRandomly while firing tears, Isaac will stop firing and turn red, where he will charge and release a lot of 'tears' in one go. In the burst of tears is a kidney stone which deals a lot of damage.: Every tear in the tear barrage and the stone has a chance to be an egg sack.
- Lead PencilAfter every 15 tears fired, Isaac will fire a high-damage cluster of tears. / Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Each tear in tear barrage has a chance to be an egg sack.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Tear's appearance doesn't change, but it gains a chance to spawn slowing creep, flies and spiders on occasion.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Egg sacks bounce and apply their effects on each hit on enemies.
- Varicose VeinsTaking damage releases a ring of 10 high damage tears.: Every tear fired when taking damage has a chance to be an egg sack.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Azazel: Parasitoid has no effect.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Tears retain Haemolacria appearance and only the main tear can spawn flies or spiders when damaging enemies.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Only extra range applies on egg sack tears and they will not spawn flies or spiders.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Fed tears have a chance of being egg sacks or normal tears. Fed egg sacks will burst and each burst tear has a chance of being a egg sack.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Overrides Parasitoid.
- TrisagionTears are replaced with piercing white blasts of light.: Overrides Parasitoid.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Parasitoid is a term for when insects' larvae live inside their hosts as a parasite before eventually killing the host.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|