Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +0.3 damage.
- Adds a chance to fire acidic tears that destroy destructibles and opens doors and secret rooms upon contact.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be used to bridge gaps with destructibles.
- Does not open Stone Chests.
- Can not destroy Stone Grimaces.
- The chance to fire an acid tear does not increase with luck.
- Acidic tears are able to destroy angel statues.
- Acidic tears will not destroy projectiles.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic PrismGrants a prism orbital with a large orbital radius. Tears that pass through the prism split into four multi-colored tears.: When acidic tears pass through the prism, each of the split tears will also be an acidic tear.
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Continuum+2.25 Range Up. +1.5 Tear Height. Isaac's tears travel through walls and appear out of the opposite wall. Isaac's tears also travel over rocks and objects.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some bombs to have a yellow tint.
- Epic FetusIsaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some missiles to have a yellow cloud.
- Head of the KeeperIsaac's tears become coins and now have a chance to drop pennies on the floor upon successfully hitting an enemy.: Tears retain Head of the Keeper's cosmetic effect but both items are fully active. Which tears are acidic can no longer be visually identified.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid except for stat effects that apply. Adds a chance for some explosive shots to be yellow.
- LachryphagyIsaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions. Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage.: Adds a chance to fire acidic tears which can be fed. If acidic tears are fed and burst, the split tears will also be acidic. However, if a normal tear is fed, acidic tears will not make the fed tear acidic.
- The Ludovico TechniqueInstead of firing tears, Isaac controls one floating tear that hover over obstacles. This tear deals constant damage when held in place over an enemy.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
- Rubber CementTears bounce off walls, enemies, and environmental objects.: Acidic tears can no longer break objects and doors and just bounce.
- Spectral Tears: Acidic tears will no longer be able to destroy obstacles or open secret rooms.
- TechnologyReplaces tears with a piercing laser with unlimited range.: Lasers cannot break rocks even if non-spectral.
- Tech XTears are replaced with laser rings that pierce through enemies and deal damage to enemies within them. Can be charged to increase the size of the ring.: Overrides Sulfuric Acid.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20Grants double shot./ The Inner EyeGrants triple shot but decreases tears./ Mutant SpiderGrants quadruple shot but decreases tears.: Adds a chance for each tear to become an acidic tear and increases likelihood of firing acidic tears.
- Compound FractureIncreases range. Tears turn into bones, which shatter into 1-3 bone shards upon hitting an enemy or obstacle./ Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's./ The ParasiteIsaac's tears split in two when they hit something.: When acidic tears are fired, the split tears are also acidic tears.
- Cursed EyeGrants charged tears that can be fired in a tight burst of four. Getting hit while charging will teleport Isaac into another room.: Adds chance for each tear in a burst to be an acidic tear.
- GodheadIncreases damage and range while reducing tears and shot speed. Grants homing tears and tears gain a damaging halo.: Acidic tears retain damaging aura and homing effect.
- HaemolacriaTears are now fired in an arc. Upon hitting the floor, an obstacle, or an enemy, they burst into many smaller tears in all directions. Increases tear delay.: Adds chance for acidic Haemolacria tears. If the main tear is acidic, the burst tears will be too. Acidic Haemolacria shots will have a yellowish tint.
- Lost ContactEvery tear has a small shield which will allow it to block one enemy projectile.: Acidic tears will block shots.
- Monstro's LungIncreases damage and grants a charged shot that fires multiple tears in the same fashion as Monstro.: Every tear in the tear barrage has a chance to be an acidic tear. Increases likelihood of firing acidic tears. Acidic tears have a yellowish tint.
- Piercing Tears: Acidic tears will retain piercing effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sulfuric acid is a strong, corrosive acid, commonly used as a drain cleaner.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|