Major changes are coming to the Wiki! To learn more and let your voice be heard, please go here.
Additionally, we are currently experiencing some bugs and glitches. We're working on fixing them, but please be aware this means certain images, such as the collection grid for items, will be replaced by errors for the time being.
Tough Love is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Adds a chance to shoot a tooth instead of a tear, which deals greater damage (x3.2) than regular tears.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The chance to fire a tooth depends on the luck stat. At base luck (0), the chance is 10%. It goes up to 100% at 9 luck (around 10% more chance per luck up).
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BrimstoneTears are replaced by a laser beam that pierces through all enemies and obstacles in its path and deals high damage. Can only be fired after a short charge-up period.: Overridden by Brimstone.
- Occasionally fires Brimstone beam with damage multiplier of Tough Love.
- Cricket's BodyGrants -1 Tear Delay and reduces Range. When tears hit an object or deplete their range, they spawn 4 smaller tears, whose Range and Damage scale with Isaac's.: Teeth will split into 4 smaller teeth.
- Dr. FetusTears are replaced by bombs that benefit from bomb-enhancing effects and slide for a fixed time after being fired.: Bombs explode with the increased blast damage and radius of Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage..
- Fire MindGrants flaming tears that deal burning damage over time. Tears have a chance to explode on impact with an enemy, which creates a fire at the location of the explosion.: Adds flaming effect to the teeth, but without the chance of exploding.
- IpecacReplaces tears with explosive and poisoning projectiles fired in an arc from the mouth.: Teeth explode with the increased blast damage of Mr. MegaGives Isaac 5 bombs, and makes all dropped bombs larger, which have an increased blast radius and increased damage..
- Mom's KnifeIsaac's tears are replaced by a knife that pierces enemies, can travel through obstacles, and can hurt enemies while Isaac is holding it. Holding down the fire button before firing increases its range and power.: Overridden by Mom's Knife.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
WQVF HG7V (First floor treasure room)
ZNHL AJ8K (First floor treasure room)
Z0ZB KE22 (First floor treasure room)
SGKP 3D9S (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|